Mergers, Acquisitions & Integrations
Successful executives know that engaging an advisor, such as F&M, is a critical first step in the M&A process. We help to eliminate disruption to your normal business activities by overseeing the process including coordination of financial advisors, tax specialists, legal counsel and other professionals. F&M can assist you to evaluate your options, structure, and negotiate your transaction and facilitate a smooth transition for your employees and the new leadership; thus, bringing the deal to a successful conclusion.
Maintaining confidentiality from the time you first consider your options, to the signing of a Letter of Intent can be critical to protect your competitive position, and maintain employee confidence and loyalty. F&M ensures the process is managed with the utmost discretion. And when the time is right, we can assist with developing a communications strategy to inform employees, customers and suppliers of the transition to retain their confidence and loyalty.
Recognizing the importance of cultural compatibility and synergies, we will help you select the most suitable strategic and financial partners for your shareholders and organization.
Completing an M&A process involves many steps. F&M can oversee the entire process, or a select few, based on your needs. They include:
- Exit Strategy Planning
- Financial Analysis and Business Valuations
- Developing Corporate Profiles
- Selecting Strategic and Financial Partners
- Marketing the Opportunity
- Qualifying and Shortlisting Prospects
- Executing of Letters of Intent
- Commercial Terms Negotiation and Restructuring
- Liaison with Legal and Accounting
- Due Diligence
- Negotiating Share Purchase Agreements
- Closing transactions
- Post Transaction Follow-up
- Transition Strategy
- Post Deal Integration
F&M were the M&A Advisors for the following transactions:
- MDH Engineered Solutions acquired by SNC Lavalin
- Dynomite Environmental Contracting acquired by Secure Energy
- Harder Associates acquired by SNC Lavalin
- Calaeris Energy & Environment acquired by Haliburton Energy
- Stratos Inc. acquired by ERM
- Teranis Consulting acquired by IBI Group Inc.